Sunday, November 9, 2008

Count down to Paris

This trip seems to have come up so quickly... it was in June that I decided if I didn't just make the reservations I would never actually go. I decided at that moment to buy myself my 30something birthday present - 2 weeks in France. I leave US soil on Friday 14 November (I'm practicing the euro formatting) and land in Paris at the crack of dawn Saturday morning.

I am starting (been) freaking out about traveling alone. I am excited and this trip will be great, but until I am actually there and checked into my hotel I will be on edge.

I've really been working on streamlining the trip & create a solid frame work to let myself relax and enjoy the day to day adventures. Originally my trip included a few days in Lyon. Well after a few failed attempts at finding accommodations in Lyon I nixed it from the itinerary. This just means I'll return to France for a trip devoted to Lyon - maybe with someone who loves & is familar with Lyon like Psydde (ah the debauchery that would ensue!) .

Half my trip will be exploring Paris. Then I'll hop on a morning TVG train to Nice for the second half of my trip. I've rent a flat in Villefranche with a balcony over looking the Mediterranean. It is possible the second half of my trip will consist of sitting on that balcony eating fresh market goodies and bottles of wine.

I'll be hitting internet cafes along the way to post up-dates and photos, so check back.

No comments: